Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Island Time



Images via Queensland Tourism & Magnetic Island Accommodation

With the Christmas install rush breathing down my neck, I have to remind myself that it also means just a few more weeks until I can take some R&R. This year we are headed home to what my family affectionately calls "The Island". I grew up in North Queensland and spent many wonderful summers on Magnetic Island. Although its located in the tropics it reminds me more of a Greek Island. With its rocky outcrops and turquoise waters. The thing I love most about the island is the lack of pretenison. Everyone drives around in open top beach buggies called mokes and shoes are optional.

Bring on Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. Mini mokes? I drove one in London, with the children strapped in the back with hot water bottles and rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes mini mokes, they are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome Bree! what a wonderful place for r&r enjoy Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no place quite like Maggie Island is there? Don't forget your sarong, I grew up in Townsville ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bree just scrolled down and saw your Magnetic Island post, our family had a holiday home there and for many years we would spend 4 to 6 weeks a year at our island home. (our family have since sold)
    Just reliving some wonderful fun filled teenage year memories, thankyou a lovely way to start my day.
    Don't need to say happy holiday as I know it will be relaxing!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete